Opening Day Collections & Shelf-Ready Processing
Cassidy Cataloguing offers new service!
2010 begins with the opening of Cassidy Cataloguing Services' Opening Day Collections & Shelf-Ready Processing Department. Whether you are a new start-up library or just in need of a few extra hands in Technical Services, we are here for you!
We are excited to have opened this department to offer services which will cater to the needs of libraries in the legal community. We are initiating this service on behalf of Lincoln Memorial University Duncan School of Law to create Shelf-Ready Processing for materials from legal publishers such as Thomson West, Wolters Kluwer CCH & Aspen, LexisNexis and W.S. Hein. Mainstream book jobbers do not generally work with this publishing segment.
The Opening Day Collections & Shelf-Ready Processing Department offers:
- Initial Check-In: Your shipments come directly to Cassidy Cataloguing - We check in all items, confirm receipt, hold for backorders, and resolve disputes if items are missing from packing slip.
- MARC21 Catalog Records: We provide high-quality MARC catalog records customized to your library's specifications. Records are uploaded into your OPAC by Cassidy technical support staff or delivered to your library. Original cataloging is created as needed.
- OCLC Holding Code: We add your library's holding code to a matching OCLC record, if required for interlibrary loan functions.
- Item Labels: Labels are printed according to specifications. Choices include foil-backed and heat-attached Se-Lin labels.
- Physical Processing: Labels are printed and attached to matching items, property stamps applied, and plastic book jackets added, if requested. Items can be barcoded and security strips can be inserted as well.
- Packing and Shipping: Completed items are re-packed in original shipping cartons and shipped to your library using your FedEx or UPS account.
For more information on this service, including a pricing estimate or lead times contact us today